Creative Talent Scratch Night
We have the potential to hold this event in a new and exciting space in Kingston. The space is in the rawest of forms but has potential to be developed into a playground for future arts projects. Due to the rawness of the space, please be aware when applying that performances will need to be done with absolute minimal lighting & technical requirements. This is not a stereotypical performance space.
This project is generously supported by Arts Council England.
What we are looking for
- At least 1 member of the company & performer in the piece must be under the age of 27 at the time of applying. This opportunity is only open to emerging or early career artists/companies so please do not apply if you/your company has been working professionally for more than three years, as we are a youth charity
- The piece of work cannot exceed 15 minutes in duration
- The piece has to show potential it can be extended into a full-length piece, with a possibility of performing in our International Youth Arts Festival 2020 (3 – 12 July)
- You can present an idea from any art form. However, this event is not just for theatre, we are particularly interested in underrepresented art forms such as dance, physical theatre, music, circus, stand-up comedy, short films, etc. If you are entering with a piece of theatre, we are focusing on pieces that incorporate one of the following elements, physical theatre, dance, live music or circus
- We are particularly keen to support emerging artists/companies from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds, who identify as D/deaf and disabled or are focused on D/deaf and disability, and/or those who identify as BAME (black, asian or minority ethnic) and LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, +)
- Must have availability on the 28 March and potentially the evening of the 3 April
Successful applicants will receive
- A set fee to present your work at the event
- A safe space to trial new work in front of a live audience
- The opportunity to perform in a brand-new exciting space
- Feedback on your work and how you could further develop it
Dates and Timeline
Deadline for completed applications: Friday 28 February 2020, Midnight
Final 6 will be chosen by: Monday 9 March 2020
Event: 28 March & 3 April (Venue TBC)
The application is there so that we can hear more about you and your creative idea. Don’t worry too much about the formality of it and instead, concentrate on the questions being asked and answer them in a way that makes sense to you.
If you need any help or support completing the application or have any questions, please contact the Event Coordinator Tom Stocks, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, we also accept video applications, and these should be emailed to Tom, on the above address, by the deadline.
If you require any assistance, need a large print copy of the application or have any access needs, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on the above email address.